- Related Products
- Back To Spectroscopy
- Back To Optics
- Back To Hyperspectral
- Back To Cameras
- Back To X-Ray
- Back To Light Measurement
- Back To PPMS
- Back To Electron Microscopy
- Back To Magnetometers
- Back To Ellipsometers
- Back To Cryogenics
- Back To Lake Shore
J A Woollam alpha SE Spectroscopic Ellipsometer
Ellipsometer for spectral range of 380-900 nm
For routine measurements of thin film thickness and refractive index, this ellipsometer allows you to mount a sample, choose the model that matches your film, and press “measure”. You have results within seconds.
Flexible – Works with your materials – dielectrics, semiconductors, organics, and more.
- Perfect for non-uniform or small samples.
- Reduce beam diameter to ~0.3mm
- Quick and easy magnetic attachment – optics snap into position
- No alignment or calibration required
- View the focused beam measurement location.
- 10mm by 7mm field of view
- Integrated image within CompleteEASE software
- Fine-adjustment of the measurement location.
- Manually adjust 12mm XY range with .025mm resolution
- Integrated vacuum stage holds sample in place
- Position the focused beam spot anywhere on the sample
With fast measurement speed and push-button operation, the alpha-SE® is ideal for qualifying thin films. Single-layer dielectrics on silicon or glass substrates can be measured in seconds. Log results for easy-to-use comparisons in both graphical and tabular formats.
Phase information of a spectroscopic ellipsometry measurement is highly sensitive to very thin films (<10nm). Self-assembled monolayers can be assessed and quickly compared using the alpha-SE.
Advanced models provide quick and efficient fits for a wide variety of materials you may encounter.
Coatings on Glass
Patented technology allows accurate measurements on any substrate: metal, semiconductor, or glass. On transparent substrates, the alpha-SE® measures depolarization to correct for light returning from the backside of the substrate. This unwanted light can confuse other ellipsometers, but the alpha-SE® ensures accurate optical constants.