EM-4V and EM-7V Electromagnets
The Lake Shore EM-4V and EM-7V electromagnets (EM-V Series) produce magnetic fields with a variety of indexed air gap and pole cap configurations. The EM-V Series are ideally suited for integration into customer-designed magnetic test platforms for applications including magneto-optical studies, magnetic hysteresis studies, in-line annealing, Hall effect studies, susceptibility measurements, spin magnetic resonance demonstrations, and biological studies.
The EM-V series magnet coupled with a Lake Shore magnet power supply (MPS) and teslameter form a versatile laboratory electromagnet capable of producing magnetic fields up to 3.26 T and supporting very fast ramp rates of up to 1 T/s. This system, with true bipolar MPS power output, provides rapid uniform magnetic field ramping and field reversal to avoid discontinuities that occur during zero crossover when using unipolar power supplies.
ExactGAP™ indexed gap settings
The EM-V Series electromagnets feature ExactGAP™ indexed pole settings. The ExactGAP pole gap indexing makes it fast and easy to reconfigure the magnet gap for the required sample or option size without having to re-calibrate the magnet after changing the gap. Choose from 6 repeatable gap widths by unbolting the top plate and clicking the selector into place. The EM-V Series incorporate water-cooled coils and precision yokes made of magnetically soft, ultra-pure steel, assuring precise pole cap alignment as well as excellent field homogeneity and stability.
- Indexed pole gap settings (ExactGAP™) allow repeatable air gap changes without having to re-calibrate between changes
- Exceptional field intensities achieved with cylindrical or tapered pole caps
- Water-cooled coils provide excellent field stability and uniformity
- Removable pole caps facilitate variable pole face configurations and easy pole cap exchange
- Accurate pole alignment by precise construction of the air gap adjustment mechanism
- The EM-4V/EM-7V yoke designed for optimum air gap accessibility for both top and bottom of the magnet
- Compact size of the EM-4V permits convenient bench-top mounting
- Optional optical access pole caps available