Specim AFX Series Hyperspectral Imaging Cameras
Specim AFX series is an airborne hyperspectral solution based on the successful Specim FX series
Specim AFX10 is a VNIR hyperspectral imaging solution with an HSI camera, a small and powerful computer and a high-end GNSS/IMU unit in one compact enclosure. It is a state-of-the-art solution weighing only 2.5kg that can be used on multiple drone types – multirotor or fixed-wing, with or without a gimbal. Data is acquired automatically following the waypoints on a flight plan, making the Specim AFX10 easy to operate.
Identify materials from the air
Specim’s new AFX10 is a compact and complete solution for lightweight hyperspectral imaging, that can be mounted for example on a drone.
Spectral imaging allows identifying one material from another simply by measuring the reflectance of light – without needing to take a sample. By mounting a spectral camera on a drone, it can be used for example in looking for contamination and determining the water quality, estimating the fertilising need in agriculture, identifying vegetation species, or studying wildlife population from the air.
High quality in small size
AFX10 is based on the FX product family, which is a high-quality hyperspectral camera series designed specifically for industrial use. This new product brings the benefits of the FX series to the airborne use.
- VNIR (400-1000 nm)
- High data quality
- Compact and lightweight all-in-one solution
- Easy to mount and operate
- Direct georeferencing available
- Efficient use of light together with image enhancement algorithm results in high data quality
- Fully automated data acquisition following the mission flight plan
- Freely selectable spectral bands allow focusing on application relevant data
- All in one casing, minimal cabling
- Fits various UAVs: multirotor or fixed-wing, with or without gimbal
- Spectral Range 400-1000 nm
- Spectral Sampling 2.68 nm
- Spectral Resolution 5.5 nm
- Spectral Bands Up to 224
- Spatial Pixels 1024
- Field of View 38 deg
- F/# 1.7
- Frame Rate Up to 330 fps
- Dimensions 130 x 152 x 202 mm
- Weight 2.5 kg