Quantum Design PPMS® Measurement System
Physical Property Measurement System
The Quantum Design PPMS represents a unique concept in laboratory equipment: an open architecture, variable temperature-field system, designed to perform a variety of automated measurements.
Cryogen-Free Option Available as Upgrade: The Quantum Design PPMS EverCool-II® is the cryogen-free upgrade to the industry-leading Physical Property Measurement System (PPMS) product line. Available as an upgrade to existing PPMS installations.
Use the PPMS with specially-designed measurement options, or easily adapt it to your own experiments. Sample environment controls include fields up to ±16 tesla and temperature range of 1.9 – 400 K. Its advanced expandable design combines many features in one instrument to make the PPMS the most versatile system of its kind.
- Compatible with more than 20 Quantum Design Measurement Options that seamlessly integrate with the MultiVu software environment
- Versatile sample mounts couple easily to the 12 electrical leads built into the cryostat insert for consistently reliable electrical acces
- Software controls for the temperature and magnetic field readily enable the automation of complex data acquisition procedures
- The included Model 6000, a sophisticated microprocessor-controlled device, eliminates the need to use or purchase external bridges, current sources, or voltage sources for basic system operation
- Sample chamber has 2.6 cm diameter to accommodate custom probes
- Interface with external 3rd party instruments, whether controlling these from within MultiVu or directing the PPMS from external software, such as NI LabVIEW
- PPMS Magnet Options
- Select from 9 T, 14 T, or 16 T longitudinal solenoid magnet configurations
- For transverse fields, a 7 T split-coil configuration is available
- Systems may also be ordered without any installed magnet