Quantum Design UK and Ireland Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us. We operate as a B2B company and follow the IOC guidelines for direct marketing and B2B privacy rules. As a result, we typically only collect very limited personal information (e.g. Name, position and work address) and all our contact is mainly to do with your company or institute. However, we respect your rights to privacy even if we are carrying out business with a company, so we will make it easy for you to find out what information we are collecting or to stop receiving information from us.
This statement describes what types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
We will always give you the option not to receive marketing communications from us. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications or share your data with anyone else who might. We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with our selected manufacturers who help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time, so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes.
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you when you engage with our website, sales people or through other ways we are visible to you such as conferences and exhibitions. We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for.
We collect information about you when you use the Quantum Design UK and Ireland website. Some of this information does not identify you personally but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us (we use this information to improve our services and make them more useful to you). The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- 1.Name (including title)
- 2. Address
- 3. Company/Institute phone number (we will only use your personal phone details if you consent to give this to us)
- 4. Company/Institute Email address (we will only have your personal e-mail details if you consent to give this to us)
- 5. The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for
- 7. The internet browser and devices you are using
- 9. The website address from which you accessed our website
- 10. Any information within correspondence you send to us
How do we use this information?
We will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us (and you can withdraw your consent or object at any time). We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications or share your personal information with anyone else who might.
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to:
1. Contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you (don’t worry, we won’t bombard you); You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us.
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
Processing necessary for us to support customers with sales and other enquiries
1. To respond to correspondence, you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us (for example: product demonstrations, service requests, brochure requests or information about specific products);
2. To provide warranty and service support
Processing necessary for us to respond to understanding customers’ needs
1. To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our website, applications, customer support is more useful and enjoyable
2. To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so or which we have obtained in the ways mentioned in the paragraph below;
3. In some cases, we may use automated methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us.
Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns
1. To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us. We will only contact you with information about our own products and services (and in ways the law allows), which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time;
2. To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
1. To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
2. For network and information security purposes i.e. for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
3. To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
4. To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
How do we share this information?
We do not sell your information to third parties and will only share with other Quantum Design group companies and other companies we represent.
Due to the international nature of our business, there may be some instances where your information is processed or stored outside of the EU. In those instances, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place for that transfer and storage as required by applicable law.
There are circumstances where we share your information with our parent (or other companies within our Group) in order to fulfil orders, transactions, handle complaints or provide you with a service or information that you have requested.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
For general marketing purposes, if we haven’t heard from you after 2 years we will remove you from our database
For legal reasons, we are obliged to keep any customer ordering information for 7 years after which it will be destroyed
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query; or
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see further How can I manage the information we hold about you);
How can you manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
You have the right to:
1) Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
2) Correct and update your information;
3) Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it). Please see further How do we use this information;
4) Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object;
5) Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
6) Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
By post: Quantum Design UK and Ireland Ltd, 1 Mole Business Park, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7BA
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 01372 378822
If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
Information Commissioner's Office
Call: 0303 123 1113