Showcasing novel and innovative research in Experimental Mechanics – The 16th in a series of conferences organised by the British Society for Strain Measurement showcasing novel and innovative research in Experimental Mechanics.
The conference which runs 6-8 September (Exhibition runs 7 September) will bring together internationally leading researchers across a wide range of disciplines in both academia and industry to exchange ideas and discuss new research.
The conference will be chaired and organised by a team of academics from across the UK, Professor James Marrow, University of Oxford, Dr Hari Arora, Swansea University and Dr Daniel Mulvihill, University of Glasgow.
QDUKI’s Dr. Luke Nicholls will be there, showcasing NDT and Thermal Imaging solutions from our partners InfraTec, and our range of imaging cameras from Raptor Photonics.
To register as a conference delegate, please follow the links on this page. Registration is separate to Abstract submission.
Abstract submission – Extended Abstract Submission Deadline: 30th April 2022
Initial author notification 12 March 2022
Early bird registration deadline 30 April 2022
Delegate registration deadline 28 May 2022
- Measurements Lecture – Prof Carol Featherston, University of Cardiff
‘Lightweighting aircraft structures for greener aviation – design, optimisation and structural health monitoring’
- Plenary Lecture – Dr Catrin Mair Davies, Imperial College London
“Image analysis techniques for novel analysis of creep tests”.
- Plenary Lecture – Professor Alexander Korsunsky, Multi-Beam Laboratory for Engineering Microscopy, Department of Engineering Science
University of Oxford
“Strain microscopy across the scales: experiments, models, distributions”
- Special Sessions:
- Soft Matter and Textiles – Dr Ben Xu, Northumbria University and Dr Xuqing Liu, University of Manchester
- Composites – Prof Costas Soutis, University of Manchester
- Impact, Blast and High Strain Rate Test Methods – Dr Genevieve Langdon, University of Sheffield and Prof Hari Arora, Swansea University
- Digital Image Correlation – Dr Dave Hollis, LaVision and Dr Mike Gower, National Physical Laboratory
- Material Testing 2.0 – Prof Fabrice Pierron, University of Southampton
“Next generation of mechanical tests based on richer test contents, full-field measurements and inverse identification to reduce testing times and improve constitutive modelling.”
- Biomechanics and Biomaterials – Prof John Mulvihill, University of Limerick
- Tribology and Contact – Dr Daniel Mulvihill, University of Glasgow
- Testing of Composite Materials and Structures – Prof Janice Barton, University of Bristol
- Materials in Extreme Environments – Dr Lloyd Fletcher and Dr Allan Harte, United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority, UK
- Young Stress Analyst Competition
The YSA Competition is an opportunity to present research and meet Industry and academic experts
The Exhibition of Experimental Mechanics is the premier UK exhibition for manufacturers and suppliers of strain measurement and stress analysis equipment and will take place on 7 September 2022
More about EMex
Strain Best Prize Competition
This annual prize is sponsored by our corporate Member Fylde
Conference reception – St Anne’s College on the evening of the 6th of September 2022
Conference dinner – Mansfield College Chapel, on the evening of the 7th of September 2022
St Gile’s Fair – An annual historic event, dating back to medieval times
Any questions ahead of the event?
Get in touch with our Technical Sales Engineer, Dr. Luke Nicholls on (01372) 378822 or email here. He’ll be delighted to talk about your application/research or requirements.